作家网

首页 > 自由诗 > 正文

致未来的我

To My Future Self/致未来的我

(英汉双语版)

 

作者:Ayesha Yang/杨天江

 

Dear,

亲爱的,

 

To the future, a more matured self,

写给未来那个更加成熟的自己,

 

To the person who is held to have all the answers,

写给那个被认为拥有所有答案的人,

 

Worshipped with capability (does it get tiring?).

被能力所仰望(那会不会很累?)。

 

To my future self, written with a naive heart.

这是一颗稚嫩的心,写给未来的你。

 

There could be tears, heartstrings tightening.

也许会有眼泪,心弦悄然收紧。

 

So I’ll make it easy to digest,

所以我会把它写得简单一点,

 

Lighter on your chest.

让它落在你心上时,轻一些。

 

Did we make it?

我们,做到了吗?

 

Moreover,

还有——

 

All those childish dreams, plans vowed in silence,

那些幼稚的梦想,在沉默中立下的计划,

 

Irrational thoughts unafflicted by reality.

那些未被现实侵蚀的、不合逻辑的幻想。

 

Is everything okay?

一切都还好吗?

 

Questions, concerns, comments on life?

还有什么问题、忧虑,或对生活的感想吗?

 

Did (I, we, you) —

是我?是我们?还是你——

 

— We manage to make the most irresponsible purchase we swore our breath on anyway?

——我们最终有没有去做那件曾发誓一定要完成的、最不理智的决定?

 

Did we make it?

我们,真的做到了吗?

 

Plans — sketched up at the dead of morning.

那些计划——在清晨寂静时勾勒出的轮廓。

 

That charmingly vintage library,

那间带着旧时光气息的图书馆,

 

Oceans away from the Greek ruins we so longed to see,

远隔重洋,离我们向往的希腊遗迹,

 

And the dazzling Mediterranean sea.

还有那片闪耀的地中海。

 

Human memory, so fragile a concept,

人的记忆,是如此脆弱的存在,

 

Yet it’s all we rely on.

却也是我们唯一的依靠。

 

(Did we make it?)

(我们做到了吗?)

 

So here’s the memory:

那么,就留下这一段记忆吧:

 

You’ll remember the soothing music (lofi, specifically) —

你会记得那段轻柔的音乐(尤其是 lo-fi),

 

Washing over the background like ocean waves,

像海浪一样,在背景中轻轻涌动,

 

The nearing summer as these words breathe to life (March 20th, 12 AM.)

还有这些文字诞生的那个时刻——夏天将至(3月20日,凌晨12点)。

 

We’re still waiting until next summer,

我们仍在等待下一个夏天,

 

Until next Christmas,

等待下一个圣诞节,

 

Until that next cup of coffee.

等待下一杯咖啡。

 

Until next time.

等待下一次。

 

Did we make it this time?

这一次,我们做到了吗?

 

There’s more I could’ve said,

还有更多我本可以说的话,

 

More I could’ve asked.

还有更多我本可以问的问题。

 

But there’s a lingering beauty in the past —

但过去里,总有一种挥之不去的美——

 

In what could’ve instead of what was.

存在于“本可以”,而非“已经发生”。

 

We’ll still gaze at the same stars every night,

我们仍会在每一个夜晚仰望同一片星空,

 

And I hope you know,

而我希望你知道,

 

Even right now,

即使是此刻,

 

To my future self,

写给未来的你——

 

We already made it. Still dreaming and still alive,

我们其实已经做到了——仍在做梦,仍然活着,

 

Right here, right now.

就在此时此地。

图片1_new

作者近照(摄影:李佳)

 

【作者简介】:

杨天江,英文名Ayesha Yang,祖籍湖南汉寿县,现就读于多伦多大学附属中学(UTS),已有散文《黄昏下的马》《我很快就十三岁了》《说再见是最困难的事情》《我永远不会忘记》《星光的化妆舞会》《绿色画圈中的马》《天鹅湖》,自由诗《永恒花语》《星月永誓》《傲慢的余烬》《风暴之后的白百合》《人类之名》《若你是利剑,我便甘愿做那跳动的心》《诗,心跳的回响》《破碎的宝石》《假期》《紫红》《我们埋葬在深处的祖母绿》《妄想》《天蓝色》《春》《历史》《十四岁》《夏天》《怀旧》《反叛》《花原》《落日》《城市一瞥》等多篇(首)作品发表于 “作家网”、“红网”、“走向”等知名网站,百度、腾讯、新浪、网易、今日头条等转发推荐。

 

(注:本文已获作者授权发布)